Author Topic: Question about Aeryn  (Read 6693 times)

Offline llm

• Scaper
    • View Profile
Question about Aeryn
« on: November 24, 2008, 02:10:01 am »
I'm on my second run of the show and am currently in season 4 where the Moya crew finds out that Aeryn is a bioloid.  Does anyone know exactly when the real Aeryn was taken and replaced with the bioloid?  I vaguely remember having that question on my first viewing, but I had no one to pose it to until now.

Thanks, guys!   :-)
This is John Crichton.... somewhere in the universe.

Offline Nicola Wood

• ScapeCast Staff
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Farscape Canada
Re: Question about Aeryn
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 04:31:05 am »
Aeryn was captured during "Bringing Home the Beacon" when she stayed behind to cover Sikozu, Noranti, Grayza and Braca's retreat.

Aeryn: (to Sikozu)  If I'm not back at the pod in half an arn, you go without me.
Sikozu: What?
Aeryn: Go. I'll cover.

The Scarrans must have captured her almost immediately and then 'cooked up' the Aeryn bioloid in a hurry so that it could take Aeryn's place on the pod without the rest of them getting suspicious.  :)

We, at the National Geographic believe that storytelling can change the world.
- Wade Davis, Anthropologist, National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence.

I believe the same thing.
- Nicola Wood, Anthropologist, Farscape Enthusiast and Storyteller

Offline scorpiesue

• Scaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 09:30:37 am »
I'm on my second run of the show and am currently in season 4 where the Moya crew finds out that Aeryn is a bioloid.  Does anyone know exactly when the real Aeryn was taken and replaced with the bioloid?  I vaguely remember having that question on my first viewing, but I had no one to pose it to until now.

Thanks, guys!   :-)
Aeryn was captured during "Bringing Home the Beacon" when she stayed behind to cover Sikozu, Noranti, Grayza and Braca's retreat.

Aeryn: (to Sikozu)  If I'm not back at the pod in half an arn, you go without me.
Sikozu: What?
Aeryn: Go. I'll cover.

The Scarrans must have captured her almost immediately and then 'cooked up' the Aeryn bioloid in a hurry so that it could take Aeryn's place on the pod without the rest of them getting suspicious.  :)

...the writers were sure sneaky with this part ....what a high point of the series...i know i was panicking  :o
Why be normal ?

Offline Kakhthulm

• Scaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 06:59:33 am »
damn, I should have searched the forums... I asked almost exactly the same question a couple of days ago in the "new to farscape" area. 

What threw me off was John saying "It was never Aeryn,"  So my brain probably went "oh, so there's a trick to this and she was abducted way before this episode" 

Watching it second time, that didn't really make sense, but I still wasn't sure until I posted on here and actually got to Bringin Home The Beacon the second time around

Offline mardy

• Scaper
    • View Profile
    • The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 02:58:56 am »

What threw me off was John saying "It was never Aeryn,"  So my brain probably went "oh, so there's a trick to this and she was abducted way before this episode" 

Watching it second time, that didn't really make sense, but I still wasn't sure until I posted on here and actually got to Bringin Home The Beacon the second time around

Sorry to butt in there - but I thought the same as you re: John's 'It was never Aeryn" comment. That really confused me and I then thought that HE thought it hadn't been her since the beginning of season 4! Or was there anything else he could have meant by that comment, like maybe in an 'It wasn't her fault' way?

Still scratching my head over that one... That boy certainly puzzles the frell out of me sometimes! But then maybe that's the attraction.  ;)

I'm rewatching season 3 right now. Got to love 'Thanks For Sharing' for Aeryn's no-nonsense shirt orders.

;D
http://twitter.com/TozaBoma

“你贏咗, 我哋輸咗. 你叻過我哋好多. 不過呢, 你知唔知嗰只門口你對磁嘅? 就係分開的!”

Offline Brent Barrett

• ScapeCast Staff
  • Administrator
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • The John and Aeryn Site
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 09:25:12 am »
My thought on why John said, "It was never Aeryn," after D'Argo, standing over John and the bioloid Aeryn said, "It's not Aeryn":

I suspect he was emphasizing that this bioloid, no matter how well programmed, could never have been Aeryn.  And that he was able to detect it so quickly.  It was just his way of adding an "umph" (emphasis) on D'Argo's comment that it wasn't Aeryn dead on the floor.  John knew that.  He always knew that, from the first moment she was on Moya just minutes earlier. 

So his "It was never Aeryn," to me, just means "Yeah, D'Argo, I know... I was never fooled by her, because she wasn't acting like Aeryn from the time she returned with Chiana, Noranti and Sikozu, so don't worry about me thinking I killed Aeryn, because it was never Aeryn."

I suspect that D'Argo mis-read John's emotions at the time, looking down at the dead bioloid Aeryn.  D'Argo thought John was feeling like he had just killed his love, but John was telling him that wasn't the reason he was distressed.  He was distressed, obviously, because of what the bioloid meant: Aeryn had been abducted and they had no way of knowing where she was.

Offline BenMech

• Scaper
  • student of the D'eh
    • View Profile
    • The Other Side of Elsewhere
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 03:48:41 pm »
It is interesting to suggest that the Aeryn bioloid came around to Moya in Promises, be it true or not.

What if Kemper and RSOB had played it out this way? It would have made the Scarrans even more nasty than we'd learn.
Oscar Wilde said:
"It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information around"
"Society often forgives the criminal, but it never forgives the dreamer."
"Consistency is the Last Refuge of the Unimaginative"